For the fifth year The Art of Autism is asking for submissions for Poetry and Art for Peace. World Peace Day is September 21st and through the month of September we will be posting peace-themed poetry and art.
Celebrate the International Day of Peace by spreading compassion, kindness and hope in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This is not a contest. This is a call for submissions for a curated series of selected art and poems we publish in various media to honor World Peace throughout September.
The Art of Autism’s 5th Art and Poems for Peace Project was created to draw attention to International (World) Peace Day which takes place on September 21st each year. We hope this call to action will inspire you to support a vision for a more artfully-peace-filled world.
2020 has us experiencing unprecedented times. Coronavirus (COV19) has harshly impacted the world, with an especially direct impact upon people with disabilities and families. We dedicate this year’s Project to those front-line and essential workers, to those who lost their lives, and to people all over the world impacted by Corona’s devastation.
This Year’s United Nations and Art of Autism’s Themes Are:
“Peace Takes Everyone” “For the Love of Diversity” “Climate Action for Change”
You may adopt one or more of the suggested themes.
1. This Project is open to people with any/all neurodiversities, disabilities, family, friends, educators, & those who love us. All ages welcome. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your submission(s) (the “Works”). Group or collaborative projects welcome.
2. This is a “Peace-Filled”, “Peace-Full” project, so while references to challenges or problems in life and in the world may be addressed in the Works, this is not the right Project for doom & gloom. We seek resolutions when conflict is shared within the Work(s). Stick figures & novice poetry Works are allowed!
3. You may submit up to 3 (three) Art and/or Poem Works for consideration, in any medium or configuration of styles. Poetry, fine art, collage, photography, graphics, music, video, and other creative Works are acceptable. Submission of one or more Works does not guarantee publication. We reserve the right to determine whether to publish any or all Works submitted by each individual. All work must be original, created by the submitting individual, or submitted by a parent or support staff of the creator who confirm by submission the works are original and do not infringe on another’s copyrights.
4. Videos may be up to, but not more, than 1 minute (60 seconds) in duration and must be web-ready. All visual art must be web-ready. Works not sent web-ready at 72 DPI Dots Per Inch, may be rejected.
5. Works will be published throughout September 2020 in one or several blogs published. Multiple submissions may be published together or separate at our election. In order to be tagged on Facebook, you must “like” and follow the Art of Autism’s page to be hyperlinked. Each blog will be published with others via our website. Sign up for our Newsletter via our website www.the-art-of-autism.com in order to receive announcements of publications in your inbox
For more information about World/International Peace Day or to find ways to be more involved in World Peace, visit https://internationaldayofpeace.org/
Header Art Work by Art of Autism Board member Kimberly Gerry-Tucker