2017 International Peace Day Theme: Together for Peace: Respect, Safety and Dignity for All
For the second year, The Art of Autism (AoA) is supporting International Day of Peace ~ or Peace Day through our call for peace-themed poems and art. We encourage you to share your vision, imagination and personal connection to peace through words, visual art and/or photography. Everyone who is or loves someone with autism is invited and encouraged to participate.
Peace Day is observed around the world each year on September 21st. Established in 1981 by unanimous United Nations resolution, Peace Day provides a globally shared date for all humanity to commit to peace above all differences and to contribute to building a culture of peace. AoA can support this through art, music, dance, theater, poetry, film, creative writing and photography.
Whether in the role of the maker or the observer, the arts connect us to our common humanity. By sharing your thoughts, emotions and ideas about peace with creativity, you’ll help give rise to individual and collective voices of our human experiences.
Submit your peaceful poems and art to The Art of Autism.
Join us to engage in arts activities centering on a “peaceful” themes. Send your original poems and peaceful art to Keri Bowers firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll begin posting compilation poems & art in blogs on our website mid-August through September 2017.
Guidelines for submitting your work:
– Submit up to 3 poems. We reserve rights to edit with your prior agreement before publication
– Submit high resolution jpeg(s) of your art
– Submit a short paragraph about what your poem or art piece means to you.
– All submissions must be received by The Art of Autism by September 15, 2017
– The Art of Autism reserves the right to use editorial discretion in publishing all works