Host an Event
The Art of Autism is a collaborative of artists, poets, authors, and entertainers on the spectrum and like-minded organizations. We empower participants in our project by showcasing their talents and creating spaces and places for them to be seen and heard. We involve parents and caregivers and experts in the field in our presentations.
Thank you for your interest in hosting an Art of Autism Exhibit and/or Event. We work to maximize our local host’s visibility and bring opportunities to educate the host’s community about the importance of the arts in the autism community. Our local host is our co-sponsor and primary partner in advancing knowledge, renewing spirits, and connecting self-advocates and the community through our unique and customized event.
The goals of our events are as follows
1) To offer an educational and inspiring experience for those who attend
2) To heighten visibility of the local host and promote its work in autism and/or the arts
3) To create opportunities to expose and educate the local community to the importance of the arts
4) To empower self-advocates by creating models of self-determination
About the Event
The Art of Autism customizes events to meet the needs of the hosting community. The Art of Autism events provide the following opportunities
- Networking opportunities with peers from the local community and around the globe.
- Compelling speakers who offer informative presentations
- Performances that motivate and inspire
- Art Exhibits & Book Signing events that inspire and enable artists to earn income
- Hands-on art activities and creative workshops to engage participants
- Open mic sessions for poetry and music and films that educate and inspire
- An exhibitor’s area as a gathering spot that offers resources, posters, and books
- One-on-one consultation opportunities with Art of Autism mentors
- Recognition awards to honor excellence in the community
Benefits of Hosting the Conference
Your Community will Benefit
Local benefits of this host partnership might include:
- Expanding local networks, strengthening relationships and increasing partnerships as a result of focusing energy on the community’s involvement in the event
- Recognizing, showcasing and elevating local talent, programs and efforts to the international stage
- Helping local artists recognize valuable opportunities in the field
- Enhancing new funding opportunities through exposure and by building support
- Generating media interest in the gifts of people on the spectrum.
Each community is different and each local host has an individualized agreement with The Art of Autism. We work to make sure the agreement offers flexible benefits to meet specific needs. These might include:
- Speaker opportunities
- A session that showcases local programs and talent
- Press releases and opportunities for interviews with local and national media
- Co-sponsored community event, such as an art exhibit or entertainment event
- A work of art left-behind for use by the sponsor created by participants
|“The Good Purpose Gallery was set up to show the work of professional artists throughout the year including professional artists who are on the Spectrum. We recently tied a one person show of Esther Brokaw’s (savant, autistic artist) in with a showing of student work from our young adults who have Asperger’s Syndrome and Learning Differences. That lead to creating a dual fundraiser 3 day event with the Art of Autism at the end of the show. The show was heart warming and people asked specifically for us to bring it back for a longer length of time. This idea led to the creating of two additional gallery spaces near the main gallery that will show the art of artists on the spectrum in rotating 6 week segments, 7 days a week, year round. Getting us totally on mission of providing visual arts opportunities to those on the autism spectrum.”
Francine Britton, The Good Purpose Gallery, Lee, Massachusetts
Your Organization will Benefit
The local host serves as the co-sponsor for the event. For a $5,000 – $15,000 sponsorship (depending on the complexity of the event), your organization will receive:
- Guaranteed visibility as an Official Event Sponsor, including the opportunity to feature your logo on our event publications and website
- An opportunity to showcase your programs and services at event at your complimentary exhibit table
- Special recognition as an Official Sponsor
- Local press releases promoting the local host and event
Each agreement with the Art of Autism outlines respective roles and responsibilities; however, most local hosts are involved in the event in the following ways:
- Appointing representative(s) to serve on the event planning committee
- Helping identify location for event(s)
- Helping to identifying local performers and potential speakers
- Assisting with transportation arrangements for those coming from other cities.
- Securing local volunteers for the event
- Promoting the event locally and identifying local partners (mail lists, promotions) to boost attendance
To apply to become a local host and co-sponsor of the Art of Autism, please call +1 (805) 220-6460 or email email@example.com.
Note: for art-only exhibits in a three-hour radius of Santa Barbara, California there are no charges.